- Awareness of the surveillance market, knowledge of Integrated Security systems, IP video systems and CCTV technologies.
- Experience in a customer-focused role in a software environment.
- Knowledge of IP Networking within a video environment (IP addressing, subnetting, routing, VLANs, TCP, UDP, Unicast and Multicast transmission).
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Windows-based operating systems, including Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and 2019.
- An understanding of development, product management and sales processes with an awareness of how the support role feeds information into these.
- An understanding of databases – IBM DB2 and MS SQL.
- An understanding of virtualisation technologies such as Hyper-V including failover and replication processes.
- An understanding of cloud technologies
Eligibility for Employment in the UK
In accordance with current legislative requirements within the UK, any successful applicant must produce verification of their eligibility to live and work in the UK. Such verification should be taken in advance of the employment start date and the applicant will be unable to start in their role until this has been received by Synectics.
Our Commitment to Equality and Diversity
Synectics plc and its subsidiaries are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and in our employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion. Such policies are in place to ensure that both job applicants and employees of Synectics receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.