- Posted On
- Tuesday, 20th November 2018
- Closing On
- Friday, 25th January 2019
- Job Type
- Full Time
The purpose of the role is to ensure the Group is in full compliance with all legal, stock market and other regulatory obligations; to advise the Board of Directors and the executives in providing effective governance and to support the company in legal and administrative functions.
- Job Description
Background and Job Purpose:
The Group currently operates on a largely decentralised basis but the Group is developing a strong central team, determining strategy and leading governance and control.
The Group’s senior executive team are based in the Sheffield location in addition to the HR, Marketing and Engineering functions. The Group finance team are based in Studley, near Birmingham which was formally the Group head office.
The Company Secretarial function has historically been based in Studley but it has been decided to move the Company Secretary position to Sheffield to be in closer proximity to the executive team. The Company Secretary will be expected to work closely with the Studley finance and admin team for support and liaison with controls, reporting and other matters.
The broad purpose of the role is to ensure the Group is in full compliance with all legal, stock market and other regulatory obligations; to advise the Board of Directors and the executives in providing effective governance and to support the company in legal and administrative functions.
- Maintaining statutory records for Synectics plc, trading subsidiaries and approximately 50 dormant companies.
- Monitoring of share register and maintaining relationship with Company registrars.
- Assisting in relationship with Company Brokers.
- Handling all appropriate regulatory announcements and listing rules compliance.
- Assist with maintenance of Group’s investor relations and AIM Rule 26 disclosures on web-site.
- Administering Group Share option and long term incentive plan schemes.
- Ensuring that Group’s corporate governance obligations are met, working with the Head of Finance.
- Negotiation and co-ordination of Group’s commercial insurance /healthcare /life-cover insurance policies.
- With the Group Legal Counsel, provide legal support to subsidiaries, especially in relation to commercial contracts.
- Providing support on employment contracts, policies and employee handbook to Organisational Development Director.
- Review and draft Parent company guarantees, Non Disclosure Agreements and other ad-hoc agreements.
- Provide input to Annual Report including drafting of corporate governance reports, Directors Report and Notice of AGM.
- Assist with administration and winding up of legacy of Group pension schemes.
- Providing advice and assistance re the new auto enrolment pension scheme, including statutory communications and salary sacrifice aspects.
- Ensure the Group is compliant with the new GDPR regulations.
- Assist with Group property issues and maintain Group property register.
- Assist with organisation of PLC board meetings, including preparation of some papers.
- Administration and support of Board Committees and Committee meetings.
- Organisation of shareholder meetings such as the AGM.
- Ensure Group Model Code compliance, manage Close Period compliance and maintain the Insider and Adviser Lists.
- Maintain and review legal and company secretarial Group policies and procedures, and provide advice on amendments required to other Group policies.
- Monitor legal developments and advise senior management on developments that affect the Group.
- Assist with merger and acquisitions activity.
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal controls.
Key Personal Attributes:
- The personality and skills to advise and support the Board of Directors and the executives of the company. To be influential across the company and to be able to effectively improve the governance and controls of the company.
- Legal aptitude and experience of commercial/construction contracts; knowledge of employment law.
- A team player – the ability to get the job done as part of a team without a rigid demarcation of duties. Naturally hands-on, combining administrative tasks with the management of complex and strategic issues.
- Self-motivated individual with initiative to identify key tasks.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Extensive knowledge of company secretarial procedures, particularly in a smaller listed company environment.
- Full ICSA qualified.
To apply please select Apply Now to complete the online application